On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Noa Sher <noa.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to use VelvetOptimizer, and saw that it is availbale on the galaxy
> toolshed.
>
> I have never used this and have no idea how to- do I download it or is this
> something that works with the glaaxy GUI? What do I need on my computer to
> run it? Or is this something for linux?
>
> Thanks
>
> Noa

The idea is that tools on the ToolShed can be added to a Galaxy Server
by one of the server's administrators. This is not something a Galaxy User
can take advantage of directly. Many groups or institutes run their own
Galaxy, typically on a Linux server connected to a cluster. If you have
access to a local Galaxy, talk to the people who run it.

Note you can run Galaxy on your own Linux/Mac computer, but it wouldn't
be recommended unless you want to develop for Galaxy.

Peter