Hi,

What is the 'official' method of converting a BAM file to a bigwig on the
public server?

I saw this post:

http://gmod.827538.n3.nabble.com/SAM-to-bigbed-td3059499.html

but it seems a bit long winded given the commonness of the operation.

On our local galaxy we installed from the Tool Shed:

BAM to BigWig
Calculates coverage from a BAM alignment file

Which seems the obvious choice to make available.

Thanks,

Steve