Thanks everybody's help.  It is not a problem anymore if I "empty cache" first
then reload the page.
But I got a more big problem here. Actually I am struggling with this problem
for a long time.

I am trying to deploy the galaxy production server. Originally I set up the
galaxy using root user and under the document root folder. Everything works
fine with local sqlite.
After reading the wiki, I created a new user "galaxy", and set up the galaxy
server using this new "galaxy" user. I put everything in the folder:
/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/.
To make things more complicated, we have a website already, for example,
http://xx.xx.xx.xxx. Now I want this galaxy server using address:
http://xx.xx.xx.xxx/galaxy.
In my httpd.conf file, in order to access this /home/galaxy/galaxy-dist folder,
I used an Alias.
Then if I point these ReadwriteRules to my document root galaxy-dist
folder(under user root), the galaxy server will work.
But if I point to /home/galaxy/galaxy-dist folder, the galaxy server will not
work at all.

Here is my httpd.conf file. Please help!

--------------------------------------

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
Alias /galaxy "/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist"

#
# Each directory to which Apache has access can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# features.
#
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/www/html">
  …

</Directory>

<Directory "/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist">
…

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^/galaxy$ /galaxy/ [R]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy/static/style/(.*)
/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/june_2007_style/blue/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy/static/scripts/(.*)
/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/scripts/packed/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy/static/(.*) /home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy/favicon.ico /home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/favicon.ico [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy/robots.txt /home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/static/robots.txt [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy(.*) http://localhost:8080$1 [P]

</Directory>

--------------------------------------

On 12 Mar, 2012, at 6:47 PM, Ross wrote:

> If you right click (no idea what you do on a mac) inside the galaxy
> center panel and choose "reload frame", that might do the trick.
>

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Greg Edwards <gedwar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've found that I need to be really aggressive with forcing a purge &
>> refresh of the browser when changing things like static/welcome.html and
>> static/images/whatever.png. It might be a function of the nginx light-weight
>> HTML renderer within Galaxy caching things on top of the normal caching. You
>> need to purge all the cache in your browswer totally, eg. in Chrome it's
>> "Preferences / Delete All Browser Data" (or something like that, I'm away
>> from my normal computer). Just forcing a refresah with the usual
>> refresh/reload icon isn't enough.
>> Greg E
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM, huayan gao <huayan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Nate,
>>>

>>> I got a silly question for you. My galaxy is running now but I'd like
>>> to customize it.
>>> I've changed the welcome.html page but the galaxy mirror site is
>>> showing the old one. Do I need to change some other files or other
>>> configurations?
>>> Also, I add <lable> in tool_conf.xml file but it does not show up
>>> either. Is there another file I need to change too?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Huayan