The Genome Informatics group <http://gmod.org/wiki/GSoC>, is taking part in
the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) <http://code.google.com/soc/> program. This
year, the Genome Informatics group, will be organizing the joint efforts of
Galaxy <http://galaxy.psu.edu/>, GBrowse
<http://gbrowse.org/index.html>, Generic
Model Organism Database (GMOD) <http://gmod.org/>, JBrowse<http://jbrowse.org/>
, Reactome <http://www.reactome.org/>, Wormbase <http://www.wormbase.org/>,
and PortEco <http://porteco.org/>. GSoC is a global program that funds
student programmers around the world to write code for open source
projects. More information about our project ideas and the GSoC program is
available on the GMOD website <http://gmod.org/wiki/GSoC>. If you are a
student interested in coding for our open source projects, then check out
the links above and submit your project proposal as soon as possible. The
application deadline is 6th April 2012.

Robin Haw

Genome Informatics Group Admin

http://gmod.org/wiki/GSoC