Hello L-A,

Galaxy is open-source for all components, the license is here:
http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/src/3f12abbd2394/LICENSE.txt

And in case you haven't seen this wiki, section 3 lists some preferred link URLs:
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Citing%20Galaxy

We'll send more comments as the team has a chance to discuss. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks!

Jen
Galaxy team