Jen,

A couple of uninformed questions. I gather from your response that the author lab submitted a multiple track group .wig file instead of a single track group .wig file, and that I need to generate a single track group file before the bigwig conversion will work. So, with regard to the instructions below, I am to run the text manipulation on the original author submitted .wig file. Then run "filter and sort-- Select lines that match an expression" on the newly created file that: "Matching" the pattern: "track". This generates yet another file that has the following info:
88: Select on data 87
1 line, 1 comments
format: wig, database: mm8
Info: Matching pattern: track

track type=wiggle_0 visibility=full name="Smc3_mES" autoScale=on color=100,0,100 1 track visibility=dense name="Smc3_mES enriched regions - 1e-09" color=100,0,100 892178 Is the number 892173 the number of track lines? If so, do I then do the "Remove beginning of a file" using 892178 on the original author .wig file?
Mike