Dear Galaxy team / user mailing list,

my question is with respect to command line usage, not about interactive /
web-based Galaxy usage. Regarding the publication [1], section "2.3
Stitchers".

I want to use the stitcher to extract a given region from MAF files, stitch
it together and convert it to FASTA.

I downloaded and installed Galaxy according to the instructions from
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Get%20Galaxy

I believe the actual stitcher is "interval_maf_to_merged_fasta.py" in the
/tools/maf directory (not clear from the paper or docs but I belive this is
the tool that implements this functionality).

How can I actually extract, stitch, convert with
interval_maf_to_merged_fasta.py?

I have difficulties figuring all necessary command line parameters out by
reading the source code.

F.e. here I tried to get the stiched FASTA conversion for a region defined
in "foo.bed" out of "chr1.maf":

$ python ./tools/maf/interval_maf_to_merged_fasta.py -G -i ../foo.bed -m
../chr1.maf -d hg18 -o stdout
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./tools/maf/interval_maf_to_merged_fasta.py", line 196, in <module>
    if __name__ == "__main__": __main__()
  File "./tools/maf/interval_maf_to_merged_fasta.py", line 107, in __main__
    if options.mafSourceType.lower() in ["cached"]:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

Is it necessary to index the MAF files first somehow? Do I have to set the
type of MAF file, and to what?

Would be great if someone could give a short overview how to stitch MAF
files command-line based.

Thank you!

Anton