Hi,

proteins are synthetised from transcripts, not from genes, so I wouldn't
use gene DE. It can become quite tricky to interpret these for some
alternative transcripts.

Beast,
Leonor.

On 28/07/12 18:06, i b wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a bit confused about two outputs of cuffdiff:
> If I want to see if two samples, e.g. treated and un-treated express
> similar protein levels, what would be best to look at gene
> differential expression or transcript diff. expression?
>
> Thanks,
> ib

>   http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

- --
Leonor Palmeira, PhD

Phone: +32 4 366 42 69
Email: mlpalmeira AT ulg DOT ac DOT be
http://sites.google.com/site/leonorpalmeira

Immunology-Vaccinology, Bat. B43b
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Boulevard de Colonster, 20
University of Liege, B-4000 Liege (Sart-Tilman)
Belgium