Hello,

To summarize, you want to find existing genes that:
 1 - have overlap with your ChIP-seq dataset
 2 - have overlap within 5000 bp upstream of known TSS intervals

The basic steps are:
 a - obtain intervals for TSS
 b - obtain intervals for ChIP-seq peaks
 c - obtain intervals for existing genes (transcripts)
d - answer both #1 & #2 above by comparing a + b, then the result + c using tools from the group "Operate on Genomic Intervals" plus other data manipulation tools as needed

For a, this was the prior question/reply.

For b, please see:
http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/u/james/p/exercise-chip-seq
http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/u/galaxyproject/p/using-galaxy-2012 -> Prot 3

For c, this is in the UCSC mailing list post, but also in several Protocols of the Using Galaxy paper.

For d, see Prot 1 in the Using Galaxy paper for how to identify common regions to address question #1. Prot 4 walks through all Genomic Interval tools, plus the tools themselves have example graphics.

Hopefully this helps,

Jen
Galaxy team