On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Jennifer Jackson <j...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Hello Rachel,
>
> When datasets are in a grey "waiting to run" state this indicates that they
> are in the queue and in line to run. For the majority of cases, including
> yours, leaving the job alone and allowing it to run is the correct option.
> The missing metadata only means that the result has not yet posted to your
> history (expected when still grey).
>
> It looks as if your jobs have now run, but resulted in errors. I can let you
> know that the problem is with the input GFF3 dataset. It contains at least
> one duplicated "ID" attribute, which is required to be unique within GFF3
> files.

Actually that isn't quite right (although it may be a limitation imposed by
some tools using GFF3 as an input). Features split over multiple locations
are described in GFF3 using multiple lines sharing the same ID attribute.
This is most commonly used for genes made up of multiple exons, but
can even apply across references in some extreme trans-splicing cases.

Peter