Hello IB,

Instructions for loading, formatting, troubleshooting fasta datasets is including in this wiki and the links it points to:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Support#Custom_reference_genome

As for the source, NBCI would be the first choice. We cannot really vouch for other sites but welcome community members to offer feedback to this thread,

Hopefully this helps,