Hi Amit,

You will want to load your files into a data library first, then into your history as you need to work with it.

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Libraries
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Uploading%20Library%20Files

Good luck!

On 8/24/12 3:20 AM, Amit Pande wrote:
Dear galaxy,

I have a local instance of Galaxy running on the server and my problem
is as follows- I want to analyze chip seq data from ENCODE project using
the
NGS tools but since the BAM files are too big to be uploaded, I am
having difficulty in my work.
Could you be kind enough to point out as to how to upload the files vis
ftp as mentioned ??? is there a tutorial available ?

warm regards,
Amit.