Post to mailing list

On 8/26/12 11:38 AM, leemsil...@genepeeks.com wrote:
Hi Jen,

The ability to use Python commands with the Compute tool seems to be a very
well-hidden gem in Galaxy.  The problem with this nearly unmentioned gem is the
sheer frustration felt when something that works on the Python command line
fails on the Galaxy Compute tool.

What I would like to do is manipulate a column from a UCSC download that lists two or three codons separated by
a comma, e.g.    AAC,GCG,  or  GGT, CAC, TAT,  .   The string-based split command  <
c5.split(",").pop(1) > fails on this data because Galaxy assigned it a <list> type
automatically. All of my attempts to change the data type to "string" have failed.

Any suggestions?

Lee
leemsil...@genepeeks.com