Hi Lee,

There are a few options .. my guess is you are working with files like snpXXXCodingDbSnp?

1 - Using an expression such as this one will extract individual characters from the column, including the commas (treating the column's data like a string)

  c5.pop(1)

  = extracts the second character from the column

2 - Or, if you want to work with the entire codons, you could use the tool "Convert delimiters to TAB" to fully expand the data. You might want to use other Text Manipulation tools such as "Cut" with this option to get access to specific columns. Or "Condense consecutive characters" if the extra trailing commas in some of these datasets create empty columns (after converting to tabs).

Hopefully this helps! If there is more feedback from our developers, we'll post more. Others on the list are also welcome to add in comments.