Hello Mo,

This may be a coordinate problems with 0-based vs 1-based start files. Using tools from "Operate on Genomic Intervals" might be an alternative since it works with the coordinates appropriately. File formats can be converted as needed BAM <-> SAM -> Interval.

Alternatively, and may sound simple, but would the tool "Join, Subtract and Group -> Group" do the summary with enough specificity? These files (eg transcript/gene expression) have both the 'class_code' and a 'coverage' column. Coverage isn't exactly the same number but it does quantify the read data Cufflinks actually used to create the assembled transcripts assigned to the various class_codes, if that is what you are looking for.

Please let us know if your question has been misunderstood. Others are also welcome to add in more comments!

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team