Hello John,

To use all BLAST+ functions with Galaxy, a local or cloud instance is needed. The public main Galaxy instance does not host tblastn, only megablast (based on blastn) - and only for certain databases.

Many biologists prefer using a cloudman instance as much of the set-up is already packaged and it does not require an investment in local hardware/servers/data & tool setup. Details can be found in our wiki at:

Cloudman: http://usegalaxy.org/cloud

Local instance: http://getgalaxy.org

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Mailing%20Lists

Hopefully this helps!