Hello Irene,

I am unable to duplicate this behavior in the UI. Are you working on the public Main Galaxy instance at https://main.g2.bx.psu.edu (usegalaxy.org)? Was this a cloned or shared history/dataset? Does the original history/dataset still exist?

So that I may examine you specific case, please share the history: from the history panel use "Options (gear icon) -> Share or Publish", generate link using first button, copy, and email that back to me directly along with an example problem dataset #, any clone/copy information (exact name of source, even if deleted), and the user account email address.

It would be very helpful to keep questions posted to a single mailing list only:
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Support#Mailing_Lists