Hello,

How to put data to the local Galaxy server via ftp, ssh or copying directly to some subfolder in galaxy-dist?

We installed a local Galaxy instance and it is running. Manual uploading files from user PCs is slow due to less than perfect connections in the local network. We would prefer uploading large files by ssh from the central cluster to the server on which Galaxy is running. I can conect to the Galaxy server and Galaxy folder structure, however, I cannot find where to put files. Are they all renamed and coded as something like: galaxy-dist/database/files/000/dataset_38.dat ?

The option of uploading via ftp on main.g2.bx.psu.edu is absent in local Galaxy distribution.

best regards,

Jerzy