Hi everyone,

I am Didier Zoccola and i am marine biologist working on corals.  I would like
to do a illumina mapping from RNA-seq coming from environmental conditions. For
that, i would like to use Bowtie but i have not a reference genome. We have
done a de novo transcriptome using trinity assembly. I have filter by quality
all my data. One possible thing is to download all the manipulated sequences on
my computer and use  Bowtie on my machine but it will take long time because my
computer is not appropriate for this. An other thing is to download my
reference transcriptome on your server. Is it possible?

If not, what is the characteristics of the "ideal" computer to do the job
locally ?

thank you in advance

Best regards

Didier Zoccola