So here is what I've installed so far.  (/usr/local/galaxy) is a
directory that all nodes in the cluster can see.  And the web server
machine can also see it.)

$ls -l /usr/local/galaxy
drwxrwxr-- 20 galaxy  scicomp 2206 Nov  8 15:53 galaxy-dist
-rwxrwxr-x  1 galaxy  scicomp 1882 Nov  8 15:34 galaxy.fedora-init
drwxr-xr-x  5 galaxy scicomp   67 Nov  8 10:08 galaxy_python
-rw-r--r--  1 galaxy scicomp   80 Nov  8 15:32 job_environment_setup_file
drwxrwxr--  2 galaxy  scicomp   28 Nov  8 15:43 logs

Here are are the changes I made to galaxy-dist/universe_wsgi.ini
http://pastie.org/5351347

Here is what I put in my job_environment_setup_file:
export TEMP=/scratch/galaxy
source /usr/local/galaxy/galaxy_python/bin/activate

The galaxy_python directory contains my virtual env based off of Python 2.7.

Finally here are the contents of my galaxy.fedora-init file:
http://pastie.org/5351396

(Note: I created a sym link in /etc/init.d/ to
/usr/local/galaxy/galaxy.fedora-init
Then ran chkconfig --add galaxy.fedora-init
So I can use sudo /sbin/service galaxy.fedora-init start/stop)

Here are the results from running:
$sudo /sbin/service galaxy.fedora-init start
http://pastie.org/5351308

So my first question is why does it appear to be using Python 2.6?  Is
it not using my virtual env?  Am I using virtual env incorrectly?

Thanks,

Greg