>We'd recommend you not ever stop/start through the aws console -- this is
>basically guaranteed to cause problems with your instance.  Always use the
>cloudman interface (on your ec2 instance -- http://<ec2_instance>/cloud) to
>terminate, and then use usegalaxy.org/cloudlaunch to restart it.

The problem is that if use usegalaxy.org/cloudlaunch to restart galaxy, it will
launch to main.g2.bx.psu.edu, where I have no control on the data security and
running queues. Meanwhile, the correspondingly initiated ec2 instance is brand
new and has no previous work records to track with.

In this is the case, it would be great that if galaxy cloudman can be designed
more aws instance friendly in the future.

Thank you,
Kathryn