From: dannonba...@me.com [mailto:dannonba...@me.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:03 AM
To: Sun, Wenping [USA]
Cc: galaxy-u...@bx.psu.edu
Subject: [External] Re: [galaxy-user] galaxy cluster nodes from the cloudlaunch
site

The root size for the worker nodes doesn't matter.  The only thing relevant to
Galaxy here are the available compute units and memory.
The only storage and working space used is actually attached to the master node
(the EBS volume you configure at initial launch) and shared over NFS with the
workers.  If you find yourself needing more space, you can expand this volume
through the cloudman UI if you want.

-Dannon

Sun, Wenping [USA] wrote:

.sanitized-message p.MsoNormal, .sanitized-message li.MsoNormal,
.sanitized-message div.MsoNormal { margin : 0in; margin-bottom :
.0001pt; font-size : 11.0pt; font-family : "Calibri","sans-serif"; }
.sanitized-message a:link, .sanitized-message span.MsoHyperlink { color : blue;
text-decoration : underline; } .sanitized-message a:visited, .sanitized-message
span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color :
purple; text-decoration : underline; } .sanitized-message
span.EmailStyle17 { font-family : "Calibri","sans-serif"; color :
windowtext; } .sanitized-message .MsoChpDefault { font-family :
"Calibri","sans-serif"; } .sanitized-message div.WordSection1 { }

Dear Galaxy users,

I created galaxy instance using galaxy ami the first time. When I re- launch
via cloudlaunch site the 2nd time, I have question on adding cluster nodes.
There are several pull-down options for the nodes type, no matter which type I
choose, they always generate nodes with only 15gb. Is there other option I can
have option to define the root space for the nodes?

Thank you,
Kathryn

interface at: