Correct, all running jobs will be stopped and there isn't currently
any way to suspend running jobs.  Jobs that haven't dispatched yet
(not in the 'running' state) should, however, resume after the
restart.

And as far as resizing from cloudlaunch, no, currently resizing is
only possible from a running cluster though this is an interesting
idea.

Sun, Wenping [USA] wrote:

Thank you for the help.

I assume that if galaxy will shutting down while re-sizing, the
current running jobs will be stopped. Could the running jobs be
suspended which will be continuing after auto-restart? If not, I may
need to wait my job finished. It will be very helpful if you can
confirm this.

Additional question, is there any way that I can adjust root, ebs
volumes while initiating at cloudlaunch site? This would be help
saving the time for the re-sizing as you mentioned.

Thank you in advance,
Kathryn