I just installed a new instance of Galaxy and bwa_wrappers from the main
toolshed.  I then uploaded a reference genome along with two FASTQ files in
order to run "Map with BWA for Illumina".  When I run it, I get this error:

The alignment failed.
Error aligning sequence. [bwa_aln] 17bp reads: max_diff = 2
[bwa_aln] 38bp reads: max_diff = 3
[bwa_aln] 64bp reads: max_diff = 4
[bwa_aln] 93bp reads: max_diff = 5
[bwa_aln] 124bp reads: max_diff = 6
[bwa_aln] 157bp reads: max_diff = 7
[bwa_aln] 190bp reads: max_diff = 8
[bwa_aln] 225bp reads: max_diff = 9
[bwt_restore_bwt] fail to open file
'/export/galaxy-dist/database/files/000/dataset_1.dat.bwt'. Abort!
Aborted

I've used the same tool on other Galaxy instances and it always
auto-indexes the reference genome here before continuing.  What's going
wrong?   (I made sure bwa was in the user's PATH that is running run.sh)