Hi,
I've searched the archives and cannot find my situation. I have an Illumina MiSeq dataset with ~8 million reads that was aligned to the reference genome on the MiSeq machine. (The machine uses BWA to allow overlapping reads, unlike Casava.) The alignment generated dataset.bam and dataset.bam.bai files in the same directlry.

I used Get Data to upload both files. The problems, possibly related, are that Galaxy 1) would not recognize the .bam file as a bam file and 2) would not recognize the dataset.bam.bai file as the bam file metadata.

After uploading the bam file, originally identified as a text file, I manually used the pen option to tell Galaxy that the data was a .bam file. I then uploaded the .bam.bai file. The data would not display the data at UCSC genome browser nor in Trackster, even though those options were displayed for the .bam file. After uploading, I also used the pen editor to change from dataset.bam.bai to dataset.bai.

None of these options worked for Trackster, UCSC genome brower, nor IGV nor IGB. Interestingly, IGV would display it if the data was used directly form my hard drive but not through Galaxy.

Ann
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended to be for the use
only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential
or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or
are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the
sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all
copies of this message. Thank you.