Hey Nate,
Thanks for the response and instructions.

I understand the last three steps of your protocol, but the first step is
difficult for me to understand. I'm guessing that, "1. Set 'use_pbkdf2 =
False' in universe_wsgi.ini anywhere in the [app:main] section", is telling
me to change a setting of Cloudman by command line. This is generally where
we get stuck in using Cloudman, because we aren't familiar with command
line (we get cold sweats and light palpitations) and are weary of making
changes to the Cloudman code.

I would ask our IT guys for help, but their expertise ends at updating
Office tools. I would bother a programmer or bioinformatician, but most of
them are so busy you need a formal collaboration to get on their radar. I
would ask people who vaguely "know" command line for help, but most of the
time their knowledge of command line is just higher than mine and we end up
troubleshooting an issue neither of us can really grasp.

So, is there a webcast, or video, or slideshow, that can show a newbie how
to command line into Cloudman and make the changes you outline in step 1?



Cheers,
Mo Heydarian




On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Nate Coraor <n...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2013, at 3:50 PM, Mohammad Heydarian wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am having trouble setting up a FTP connection with the recently
> released version of Galaxy Cloudman (ami-118bfc78).
> >
> > I have instantiated the new version of Galaxy Cloudman with CloudLaunch
> and also through the AWS EC2 wizard (using the same security group settings
> as the previous versions) and neither instance will connect to my FTP
> connection.
> >
> > Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know what is preventing
> the FTP connection?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Hey Mo,
>
> This may be a case of the new password hashing algorithm's incompatibility
> with the provided ProFTPD config.  Could you try the following:
>
> 1. Set 'use_pbkdf2 = False' in universe_wsgi.ini anywhere in the
> [app:main] section
> 2. Restart Galaxy
> 3. Reset your password in the Galaxy UI
> 4. Test FTP again
>
> --nate
>
> >
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mo Heydarian
> >
> > ___________________________________________________________
> > Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
> > in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
> > and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
> >  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/
> >
> > To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
> >  http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/
>
>
> ___________________________________________________________
> The Galaxy User list should be used for the discussion of
> Galaxy analysis and other features on the public server
> at usegalaxy.org.  Please keep all replies on the list by
> using "reply all" in your mail client.  For discussion of
> local Galaxy instances and the Galaxy source code, please
> use the Galaxy Development list:
>
>   http://lists.bx.psu.edu/listinfo/galaxy-dev
>
> To manage your subscriptions to this and other Galaxy lists,
> please use the interface at:
>
>   http://lists.bx.psu.edu/
>
> To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
>
>   http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/
>
___________________________________________________________
The Galaxy User list should be used for the discussion of
Galaxy analysis and other features on the public server
at usegalaxy.org.  Please keep all replies on the list by
using "reply all" in your mail client.  For discussion of
local Galaxy instances and the Galaxy source code, please
use the Galaxy Development list:

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/listinfo/galaxy-dev

To manage your subscriptions to this and other Galaxy lists,
please use the interface at:

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:

  http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/

Reply via email to