Hi Piyu,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. The barcode splitter tools requires two inputs and each must be labeled correctly when using the tool in the UI (datatype assignment - using pencil icon or at upload). Binaray/compressed files are not permitted in the Galaxy UI (or when using the Galaxy wrapped tool command-line) as input. If you need to uncompress your data, Galaxy will do this upon upload for most types, but on the command-line you'll need to use the extension as a clue then find/use the appropriate command (should be easy to find online).

Test out in UI a sample, then run line command if you want. These are the requirements:

*Barcode file* - text tabular delimited file that looks like this and has a datatype assignment of "tabular".

#mybarcodes
codeA    TCATAGACGAAGACGGACTAG
codeB    CTAGCAGCAGTCAGCATCAGA
codeC    ATCTCGCATACGCAGGCATCG

*FASTQ/A input file* - fastq file with a datatype assignment of ".fastq" or a variation such as ".fastqsanger". Also accepts ".fasta".

This help section and the next can help more:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Support#Tool_doesn.27t_recognize_dataset

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team