Hello,

First, I've moved this question from the Galaxy development mailing list to the
Galaxy user mailing list; in the future, please send questions about using
Galaxy to the galaxy-user list.

To answer your question, files larger than 2GB must be uploaded via FTP to
Galaxy. This is necessary due to Web browser limitations.

Help to use FTP is on this wiki. The screencasts both show the two step
process. The first is to FTP the data to the server, the second is to move the
data from the "Get Data -> Upload Data" tool form into your history.
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/FTPUpload

Best,
J.