Hi everybody,
I am trying to perform metatranscriptomic analysis on gut samples. Whereas the
host transcriptome was easy, the lack
of a reference genome for my mixed bacterial population is a problem.
Any suggestions how to do the alignment? Has anybody done metatranscriptomics
on Galaxy before?
A recent paper from Leimena et al. (2013, BMC Genomics) claims they have done
the alignment against the complete
NCBI prokaryotic genome database. This sounds like a good solution to me, but I
struggle to get this running.
I am normally on the wet side of the work and my experience with programming
and R is limited.

The aim is to compare the functional capacity of the bacterial communities in
different closely related host species.

Thanks for help,
Sören

Sören Franzenburg