Hi Peter,

Thanks for clarifying all of this!

Main (usegalaxy.org) was restarted, perhaps why you encountered an intermittent access delay. Let us know if are still unable to reach.

For the megablast issue over the weekend, we are updating the databases. I replied to Scott's first galaxy-u...@bx.psu.edu post and also to a similar question posted to Galaxy Biostar:
https://biostar.usegalaxy.org/p/7335/#7340

Take care,

Jen
Galaxy team

On 4/28/14 9:39 AM, Peter Cock wrote:
Hi Scott,

Could you clarify *which* Galaxy server you are using, and
*which* megablast tool within Galaxy? Most BLAST options
within Galaxy do NOT send the queries to the NCBI servers.

(1) Main Public Galaxy

I would guess you are using the main Galaxy Server, which
only has this megablast wrapper using BLAST+ blastn
internally for a limited set of databases (I would check but
https://usegalaxy.org/ is down right now for me):

galaxy-central/tools/metag_tools/megablast_wrapper.xml

<tool id="megablast_wrapper" name="Megablast" version="1.2.0">

Current Galaxy stable source link:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist/src/3b3365a391944f848b403412f226ee9e5499c0d5/tools/metag_tools/megablast_wrapper.xml?at=default

(2) A local Galaxy with the BLAST+ wrappers

The BLAST+ wrappers that I manage all run BLAST on the
local server/cluster, although we are looking at an option
to run this via the NCBI using the -remote switch:
https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/issues/39

(3) A local Galaxy with custom BLAST tools

Are you perhaps using JJ's experimental BLAST+ wrappers
with -remote support developed as part of the Galaxy-P project?
See links on https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/issues/39

Thanks,

Peter