On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM, Scott Tighe <scott.ti...@uvm.edu> wrote:
> Peter
>
> Thank you for your detailed response and I should have noted that I was
> using the Main Public Galaxy. Thank you for confirming that it is down!
>
> I appreciate your input!
>
> Scott

Hi Scott,

Galaxy is back for me now, and yes, the Galaxy tool you are
talking about is called Megablast (version 1.2.0), and only
offers these target databases:

htgs 13-Apr-2014
nt 17-Apr-2014
wgs 20-Apr-2014
phiX174

This Galaxy tool does *not* connect to the NCBI BLAST
service over the internet.

It sounds like the problem was due to the Galaxy team
updating these databases - as Jennifer mentioned?

I don't understand how you got an NCBI web server
error message (in your email to Wayne), but perhaps
you were separately testing the NCBI BLAST service
outside of Galaxy?

Regards,

Peter
The Galaxy User List is being replaced by the Galaxy Biostar
User Support Forum at https://biostar.usegalaxy.org/

Posts to this list will be disabled in May 2014.  In the
meantime, you are encouraged to post all new questions to
Galaxy Biostar.

For discussion of local Galaxy instances and the Galaxy
source code, please use the Galaxy Development list: