Peter

Actually I was running blast separately and got error messages from them as
well and I assumed it was a connection problem But in fact it was two separate
problems unrelated. Good catch And thanks again

Scott
Vermont Cancer Center
Advanced Genome Techology Lab

On April 28, 2014 4:28:49 PM EDT, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM, Scott Tighe <scott.ti...@uvm.edu>
>wrote:
>> Peter
>>
>> Thank you for your detailed response and I should have noted that I
>was
>> using the Main Public Galaxy. Thank you for confirming that it is
>down!
>>
>> I appreciate your input!
>>
>> Scott
>
>Hi Scott,
>
>Galaxy is back for me now, and yes, the Galaxy tool you are
>talking about is called Megablast (version 1.2.0), and only
>offers these target databases:
>
>htgs 13-Apr-2014
>nt 17-Apr-2014
>wgs 20-Apr-2014
>phiX174
>
>This Galaxy tool does *not* connect to the NCBI BLAST
>service over the internet.
>
>It sounds like the problem was due to the Galaxy team
>updating these databases - as Jennifer mentioned?
>
>I don't understand how you got an NCBI web server
>error message (in your email to Wayne), but perhaps
>you were separately testing the NCBI BLAST service
>outside of Galaxy?
>
>Regards,
>
>Peter
The Galaxy User List is being replaced by the Galaxy Biostar
User Support Forum at https://biostar.usegalaxy.org/

Posts to this list will be disabled in May 2014.  In the
meantime, you are encouraged to post all new questions to
Galaxy Biostar.

For discussion of local Galaxy instances and the Galaxy
source code, please use the Galaxy Development list: