Hi Jasper,

Bjorn is correct, using the Text manipulation tools is usually the best way to edit files. But along with that, there is also a way to add in content. Using the tool "Get Data -> Upload File" you can just type/paste in content in the box and it will upload as a file. Spaces can be converted to tabs if you want.

Sometimes this is useful for adding a line to the start of a file. It can be used to add a column of data, but only if your file is not very large (not too many rows). The general idea is that you can load in the extra data, then add it to other files using "Concatenate" or "Paste" or even "Join" if there is a common fields. Then you can use "Cut" to select columns/rearrange the data.

Good luck and do join us on Biostar!
https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Support#Biostar