TOPIC: SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2 schedule
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.l10n/t/e925e5c71fd0c828

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Tues 11 Aug 2009 07:28
From: Robert Kaiser

As discussed in today's SeaMonkey status meeting
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-08-11> we now
have a schedule for SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2:

* String freeze: Thursday, August 27th 23:59 PDT / 2009-08-28 06:59 UTC
* Code freeze: Tuesday, September 1st 23:59 PDT / 2009-09-02 06:59 UTC
** This is feature freeze for the SeaMonkey 2.0 series!
* QA Start, tree unfreeze: Wednesday, September 2nd, afternoon UTC
* Release: September 8

This schedule is also available on the wiki, linked from the central
releases page and directly at
https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:Releases:2.0b2

The QA start and tree unfreeze as well as actual release dates are the
ideal cases and depend on being able to fix all blockers in time and on
QA bringing up no significant problems that would stop shipping.

The string freeze is strict and affects all strings in suite/ *which
means no mailnews change that needs suite string changes can land during
that freeze*.
Please inform us if any mailnews changes might plan string changes
around that timeframe so we can coordinate, if in any way possible, do
them before our string freeze or after the unfreeze.

We also want to request that no major mailnews changes be checked in
while we are code-frozen.
We're trying to keep the frozen period on comm-central as short as
possible and the tree will be unfrozen as soon as we have tagged the
tree - if all blockers are fixed by the code freeze, that will be in the
UTC afternoon of September 2nd.

Anything coming up in QA, which can start as soon as builds are up, a
few hours after tagging, and requiring a build 2, can be fixed on the
relbranch and won't disturb further development on comm-central.

All this is us trying to impact Thunderbird as little as possible, as we
know they have different schedules and their freeze coming up shortly
after our tentative release.

SeaMonkey developers, once again be aware that code freeze for this 2.0
Beta 2 is feature freeze for the whole 2.0 series - exceptions, if any,
will be very rare and need to be of really high value.

We also are targeting to freeze for SeaMonkey 2.0 final on October 6th,
it's not yet decided if we'll release candidates as public RCs following
that or not, but expect the real 2.0 to happen in October.

--
Frco. Javier Rial Rodríguez

Técnico
Avda. de Vigo s/n Campus 15705    Santiago de Compostela (Galicia/ES)
Tel/ Fax: (0034) 981 569 810/ 981 594 616                 <fjrial at cesga.es>