http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.l10n/browse_thread/thread/17f1475894235f03#

the Thunderbird developers have also discussed the timing of the
overall string freeze for the final Thunderbird 3 release. Our
proposal is to freeze all strings for Thunderbird 3 on September
29 2009, giving localizers a minimum of 4 weeks time before the
first release candidate (RC1).

Please note that this date is preliminary at this point and will be
reviewed as we approach the beta4 release date. We could move it
forward if we are happy with the strings at b4 or we could move it
back a bit if really needed.

However, the 4 weeks timeframe to get your localization in shape
will remain in place. So if we decide to move the string freeze
date forward or backward, localizers will always have at least four
weeks to work on their localization for Thunderbird 3 without any
string changes.

Cya
Simon
--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com

Técnico
Avda. de Vigo s/n Campus 15705    Santiago de Compostela (Galicia/ES)
Tel/ Fax: (0034) 981 569 810/ 981 594 616                 <fjrial at cesga.es>