Apparently I didn't take enough time, Bill.

I only tested that the text of the TextBox changed appropriately for a
column_click, I did not test clicking Button1.

You are right. The value of TableView.Columns.Ascending within the Column_Click event does not agree with the value outside of the Column_Click event. I do not understand this behavior.

So I'd say that either there is something missing in the documentation, or this is a bug. I have attached a modified version of your sample that shows this anomaly more clearly.

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Lee

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."