some time ago gambas only produces a one package and two sets of sources..
since gambas 3.5/3.7 now gambas produces two flavors of debian packages:
those that depends on qt4/qt5 and those that depends on gtk2.. if you want
only a specific flavor must make depends specific on gb.xxx toolklit event
gb.gui etc etc...

that's the only information.. i can provide more but i need to research and
remenber also investigate in the old mails...

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com