It does clear up what you mean. One of the whole points of this game was
to capture the original game aspect. Have you played the side scroller
level of Pipe2 Blast Chamber by BSC Games? Have you played Super Liam?
These are perfect examples of a side scroller. Think of you watching
your character on television. Think of it as a 2d image instead of a 3d
like Shades of Doom. Or even better. Imagine your character is simply
drawn on a piece of paper in front of you. You read from left to right.
This is like walking forward. If you go to the left you are moving
backwards. This way there is only a 2d sence. 2d as in two dimensional
is what I mean.

Hope this clears it up.

--
Raul A. Gallegos ... IliwSsmc