Hi.
I'd agree with that. I couldn't possably remember every detail of the
original if I wanted to and using the classic as a basis to spring off
so to speak and go my own direction with that would be good. Many of the
things would be the same like get fire flowers to become fire Mario, get
a super mushroom to become super Mario, get a mini mushroom to shrink,
break blocks to find coins and other things, etc.
Of course, fighting the King Coopa which is a fire breathing turtle is
cool as well.
Also depending on which Mario you played you had different enemies. In
the original you had jelly fish on the water worlds, but in Mario World
I think it is you have man eating sharks. You had man eating plants on
some worlds, and in Mario 3 there were cacktis plants you had to jump
over on desert worlds. All kinds of different options we could play
upon. That is why I said a combo of different Mario games. One Mario
game, the new one, has skelitons in the castles you have to avoid.