Hi, Nicol.
Uh, no. There is a major diference between a mod, )(m o d,) and a mud,
(m u d.)
A mod, (m o d,) is a modification or a module. It is added to an
existing game to update or change the way it works. Such as extra sound
effects, extra levels, etc.
A mud, (m u d,) is a multiuser dungeon.  They are multiplayer text
adventure games using a client program and a server.