From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 30 June 2006 02:07
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] toy robbery

Hi, Damien.
If you were getting build errors with Chopper and then it means you were
leaving out something critical, or the file wasn't where the *.exe file
could find them.  Loading a file with DX is really easy.
It is usually like
mysound = new SecondaryBuffer(@"sounds\myfile.wav", description, soundcard)
where mysound stands for the buffer name of the sound, description is your
buffer description object, and soundcard stands for your soundcard device
object. That is all there is to it.
As far as diference between C++ and VB in ways use of DX is very similar,
but in other ways it is a bit different. The obvious difference is the way
it looks and what punctuation etc is used per language specifications.
I'm going to be doing a C++ tutorial at some point in the future using DX,
but have been tied up with Monty at the moment.