Hi Mark,
Hmmm... strange. Ok, a few questions perhaps to try and answer.

1. Have you tried using an alternative web browser such as Firefox to
see if it will connect with the site? I tested Firefox 1.5.6 and
Internet Explorer 6, and they both are working fine here.
 2. Are you behind any special firewalls, proxy servers, routers, etc?
3. Have you tried to use the ping tool in XP to ping the BSC server to
see if you have a good packet connection?

I guess that is a start for now.