Or.  You could use .setFrequency and change it that way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Vlasak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 7:39 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Accessible Asteroids (was Game
programmingeducationproject.)

Hi Nolan,
I found that my Super Dogs Bone Hunt had a similar  problem when all the
bones made the same sound as your Asteroids do.
I came up with ten variations on the bell sound at different pitches and
rates and saved each as a sound file then had the game pick one at random
for each bone.
Then I determined the distance to each from you and turned off the sound of
those beyond a certain distance.
     Hope this helps,
Phil
[EMAIL PROTECTED]