Hi,
End user problems with the .NET Framework 1.1 is the major reason all
future releases of STFC, Monty, and all other games will be using
framework 2.0.
Just for reference with .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 it use to create a
special account on your computer. In order to restore your functunality
and disable the login issue you speak of you needed to go in to control
panel, go to users, and remove the extra unneded framework account
before restarting. I can say a system restore was unnecessary. All you
needed to do was remove the account.
Now, as for STFC and Montezuma's Revenge the binaries themselves will
run with Framework 2.0, but the installer was setup to only check for
1.1.43.22. I'm rewriting the installer and recompiling them to work with
Framework 2.0 so in the next month or so look for updates that resolves
your issues.