I like Lords just for the sound effects and monster shooting, and have
occasionally pulled it out for another blast, as I've done with galaxy
ranger.

My only problem in both games, (and more so in ranger), is that the computer
isn't exactly the most intelligent of opponents.
In ranger it always attacks along the same line, so all I do is stick a tank
on that line to pick off the soldiers, and let my guns and rockits do for
any tanks and crusers it might send (though generally I don't find the
computer is too good at attacking in force anyway).

this is why I would so much like to play a ranger game against a
human, ----- but sadly it appears even when I find someone on the server,
Durham university network puts pay to any chance I have of connecting with
them (or them with me).

funny bowling is an interesting battleships varient, but again, I'm not
convinced how much fun it is playing against the comp as compared to an
actual person whome you can double bluff etc.

As I said, I didn't particularly find any of the other sports games too
interesting to play (well, against the computer at any rate). but sport
isn't particularly my thing anyway, so factors like atmosphere that have
interested me in other games (pirate memory game for example), don't really
apply here, or at least not for me.

Beware the Grue!