Thanks to dark, the STFC error problem now has a solution, and what a simple
one it is. If Thomas or anyone had any of Bill Engvall's famous signs to hand
out, I'm sure a lot of us would be wearing them. It seems that when you
download the DirectX file and run it, you aren't exactly installing the
program. You must then go to wherever you extracted the files to and run the
Dxsetup executable. Then, and only then, will the program be installed. Out of
desperation I tried this and, needless to say, it worked. So I'm off to boldly
go where no man has gone...well you know. The point is Dark was right, so he
should be the one to hand out those signs I mentioned...
It ain't pretty when the pretty leaves you with no place to go.
J.D. Fortune, Pretty Vegas