From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Cara Quinn
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 6:19 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Hello, and a quick intro...

   Hey Tom, am happy to help out with that.  I may actually do a pod
cast
on Audio Quake / the two current mods for it as well.  There is JQ, and
another from a different developer, called Overkill.

   It's interesting, as Audio Quake itself is a mod for Quake, so he and
are both modding a mod!   lol!

   Anyway, as far as holding keys down and such, you can either press or

press / hold the up or down arrows to go forward / backward
respectively,
however, the left / right arrows are just tapped.  I may be working on
changing that in future so that they can also be held down for a smooth
turn, so we'll see...  As it is, it's a 16 point turn, with each press
of
the left or right arrow turning you 22.5 degrees.

   One way of identifying the sounds, (though  crude) would be to go
into
your sounds folder in id1 and there you will find the various folders
for
the AQ sounds, which are pretty self explanatory.

   Anyway, hope this helps...

Smiles,

Cara

At 01:37 PM 12/16/2006 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi again Cara.
>
>Yes thanks for that.  That is what I have been experimenting with is
>the tutorials I just need to get more of a handle on what the various
>sounds mean and how the keyboard interface works e.g. whether you are
>supposed to keep keys pressed to keep moving in a certain direction or
>whether you just tap them and whatnot.
>
>Regards,
>Tom Randall
>BSC Games Technical Support