Hi Shaun,

The best VM software for a Windows user is VMWare Player. I believe
the latest is version 5. As far as creating a virtual machine you need
to install XP onto the virtual machine from your CD media. While there
are existing virtual machines floating around downloading them isn't
strictly legal so won't be discussed here on list.