From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:11 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] sarah

Hi Nicol,
I think before we discuss a subject like say Harry Potter you always
need to consider the source of the info. For example I know of people
who are of the Christian far right who would demonise anything dealing
with magic, or special powers, etc as they have a real objection to that
sort of thing. I know of such folks who call things like Star Wars
demonic, and say people who watch it are demon worshipers. I watch it,
but am I a demon worshiper? I don't believe I am just because I am
interrested in the films and movies. Same kind of folks demonise Harry
Potter, and say it is demonic, and if you watch it you will be a demon
worshiper, etc... So consider who you are talking to.
Now, in the Harry Potter relm there are all kinds of evil creatures whom
Harry Potter and his friends have to face. They have demonlike creatures
called the Dementors who are probably the closest to demons you get.
There was a professor named Loopin who turned out to be a warewolf.
Normally, warewolfs are evil, but Loopin wasn't evil. You find things
like that all over the Harry Potter books. I do not however find it
interfears with my own Christian beliefs as I don't worship demons,
believe there are dementors, warewolfs, goblins, etc and I don't even
believe in magic. I recognise the movies and books as a work of fiction
and that is where it remains in my mind.
 From the demo I played of Sarah way back when many of the creatures in
Harry Potter show up such as ghosts, basilisks, dementors, were in the
game. Did they bother me? They did not bother me.  However, it might
frighten you. I am not you, and I can't judge that. Only you can judge that.