Hello Cara,
A big thanks for the bug report.
It was our first project, and since we're more experienced than we were,
sometimes when we (or other people, like you) finds a bug, it is curious why we
did this, and
that.
I'll see what i can do to fix it.
THRG uses: a speech output (jaws, microsoft's speech api, or window eyes),
directX 8 (or higher), ComAudio (which is installed by the game if you don't
have it
installed before) and direct show (which can cause troubles if you have
problems with your mp3 directshow filter).
>From these, you said you have DX installed, so that part is ok. ComAudio (if
>light locater works) is also ok, however you never know, it is not really
>stable. If you're
using sapi, the speech part must be ok, but i don't think so you have troubles
with it, since Audio Quake tests it every day *big smile*
If you've played with judgment day, your mp3 directshow filter is right as
well. Right now, it seems the requirements for the game are filled, however
these are only my
guesses, since i do not know your systtem, and if it works on one computer,
nothing ensures that it will work on another (usually it does).
If it seems everything is ok, please contact me off-list, and i'll send you a
copy which maybe can help us to debug it. (debug edition, smile)
Happy gaming,
Rob